A one day classroom based course including exam assessment. Candidates who enrol on this course are sent a VHF handbook ahead of the course and required to undertake a minimum of 3 hours of pre-reading before attending the course.
Course topics include:
• the basics of radio operation
• the correct frequencies (channels) to be used
• distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
• making ship to shore telephone calls
• Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
• Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
• Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
• Search and Rescue (SART)
Classroom based tuition 0900 – 1600 followed by exams 1600-1900 (finish time is dependant on student numbers)
This practical course teaches the VHF SRC procedures and the associated theory in preparation for the exam. This course is designed for those candidates who prefer to undertake classroom based study using practical training radios and VHF simulator. Students will have ample opportunity to practice all of the practical elements using our suite of training radios.
Costs – The course is £110 + an Exam & License payment of £60 is payable directly to your examiner.
Next Course June 11th – Only 3 Places Left! (9th May)